BGO Hardship Fund
To apply for financial assistance, to help pay yearly subscriptions, support externally given mandatory training or buy Girlguiding core resources which are not included in the BGO new unit grant please provide the following:
- A copy of the most recent unit accounts. These should have been inspected within the last 12 months.
- Should the inspected accounts be more than 6 months old, please provide an up to date statement of the funds available to the unit.
- A statement from your commissioner agreeing that financial assistance is needed.
- Should a unit have been in existence for less than 9 months and therefore not have accounts to submit or there are exceptional financial circumstances (for example caused by the Covid health crisis) these units should submit their projected financial situation.
- Please state how much money you need in total in British pounds sterling. Please also provide a breakdown of costs, item by item, with evidence if possible. You can download an application form here.
A unit may not apply more than once a year to the hardship fund and the request should come from the unit leader.
All applications, using the hardship grant application form should be sent to email@example.com in the first instance.
A finance committee has been set up to consider requests twice a year and these dates will be published to the BGO membership via the website.